7 March 2014

Day 30, 31 & 32 - Stone Protection - Inside Wings (3 Hours)

Job 94 - Applying Tetroseal

Further to information and advice provided by others I decided that I wanted to reduce the risk of starring in the wings from stone chips! I had spent a bit fair bit of time looking into possible solutions and ended up asking at my local motor factors when I visited. I was advised to use some Tetroseal as it has a rubber consistency that protects the surface it covers, reducing noises and hopefully reduce the risk of starring. Time will tell!

The tin recommended a 2mm thick coating, so I applied 3 coats over 3 days. It says it drys in 2-3 hours, but I found it took longer, probably due to the cold temperatures! Make sure that you have some white spirit to hand as you are likely to get some on the paint!

Painting the Rear Wings - Gloves are definitely needed!
 Tetrosealed cycle wing above standard unpainted wing
All 4 wings painted

No comments:

Post a Comment