2 January 2014

Day 9 - De Dion Tube Preparation (2 hours)


I was on my own today so spent another couple of hours sorting a couple of things out on the car along with a couple of things on my tin top.

Job 26 - De Dion Tube Preparation

Having looked through the instructions a couple of times I couldn't seem to see what bolts were required to fix the De Dion Ears & Calipers to the De Dion, the only information in the manual mentions a couple of bolts (which I have found out are no longer used!). So I decided to lay them all out on the work bench and see what was present against the package list.
Parts all laid out on the work bench - checking off against the list
Having located all the parts I required, I attached the De Dion Ears, Hub Mounts & Calipers and then loosely attached the brake pipes which aren't a great fit as standard! See below
LHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit
LHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit (Looking Down)
RHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit
RHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit (Looking Down)
Other jobs completed today were:
  • Contacted Derek regarding missing parts and to ask some questions
  • Torqued up the Uprated Master Cylinder to the mounting (20Nm according to Derek)
  • Removed the washer bottle mount - having not done so previously (hadn't realised it could be removed by 4 bolts!) The washer bottle sits very loosely in the mount and may jump out, but I have been informed that Caterham will check this at the PBC - Must remember that!
  • Removal of boot floor to allow easier access for mounting the LSD
  • Picked up Go Pro Roll Bar Mount from Argos (was on offer)

No comments:

Post a Comment