I was on my own today so spent another couple of hours sorting a couple of things out on the car along with a couple of things on my tin top.
Job 26 - De Dion Tube Preparation
Having looked through the instructions a couple of times I couldn't seem to see what bolts were required to fix the De Dion Ears & Calipers to the De Dion, the only information in the manual mentions a couple of bolts (which I have found out are no longer used!). So I decided to lay them all out on the work bench and see what was present against the package list.
|Parts all laid out on the work bench - checking off against the list
|LHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit
|LHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit (Looking Down)
|RHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit
|RHS Brake Pipe - Not a great fit requires bending to fit (Looking Down)
- Contacted Derek regarding missing parts and to ask some questions
- Torqued up the Uprated Master Cylinder to the mounting (20Nm according to Derek)
- Removed the washer bottle mount - having not done so previously (hadn't realised it could be removed by 4 bolts!) The washer bottle sits very loosely in the mount and may jump out, but I have been informed that Caterham will check this at the PBC - Must remember that!
- Removal of boot floor to allow easier access for mounting the LSD
- Picked up Go Pro Roll Bar Mount from Argos (was on offer)